Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Response from Pastor Holman

From: Deb
Date: 10/29/2010 9:20:59 PM
Subject: Re: Monday night message
 
My dear Ms. Hunt.
I don't believe you realize how you sound. You do not sound like a Christian woman at all in this letter.
Actually you sound much like a self-righteous, egotistical hypocrite.
You are telling me to "get a life", hey?
Well, Ms. Hunt, let me tell you about MY life.
I am a pastor.  I earned my Doctorate in Biblical Studies and Ministry.  I also have a Masters in Theology.  I attended Oak Hills Christian College & Northwestern Theological Seminary.
I am the founder of an international women's ministry.
We have offices in Thunder Bay, Ontario;  Winnipeg, Manitoba; Fort Frances, Ontario; International Falls, Minnesota;
Minneapolis, Minnesota; and Green Bay, Wisconsin.
We work with Teen Challenge Ministries.
We also work in conjunction with Kennth Copeland Ministries, Kenneth Hagen Ministries, and Joyce Meyer Ministries.
We have ministires that help to work with abused and pregnant women.
It seems that you like to take as much credit for yourself in your little messages.  Such a pity.
That my dear, IS plagiarism.
You note at the end of your little message that you gave on Monday, October 25, "some notes from Nelson's Annual Preacher's Sourcebook"
right there on your little Facebook page.
My dear - it was not some - it was all - except of course for the notes that you took from that dear preacher noted below.  And there were also some notes taken from The LIfe Application Study Bible Notes.
Plagiarism, my dear. 
Apparently you need to be educated in just what plagiarsm is:
  • to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own
  • to use (another's production) without crediting the source
  • to commit literary theft
  • to present as new and original an idea or product derived from an existing source.
In other words, plagiarism is an act of fraud. It involves both stealing someone else's work and lying about it afterward.
As far as "judging" you goes.  No, I am not judging you.  You seem to think that when someone brings something to your attention that you should not be doing, they are judging you.
You must have a guilty conscience.
I have no idea what you think you are trying to do by spouting all those Scripture verses.  Satan as well did that to Jesus.
 
And never - and I mean NEVER again ever threaten me - "Then by all means do--to your own apparel" - your words from below.  I do think you mean "peril" and the definition of that word is:
a. Imminent danger.
b. Exposure to the risk of harm or loss.
2. Something that endangers or involves risk.
 
Do you realize that by using those words you have committed a terroristic threat?  Do you doubt that?  Contact your local police, please and ask them. 
And I happen to have that number for you: 403-266-1234.  Yes, that is the phone number for the Calgary, Alberta police department.
And you profess to be a Christian - and you carelessly throw around the title "Pastor"??
Please take it off of your name.  It doesn't suit you.
 
Do NOT ever contact me again. If you do, I will consider it harassment.  And I will take your letter to the police noting that you have threatened me.
I will also be contacting the police department in Calgary.
I will be contacting others in the Ministry to let them know what you are all about.
Also, here is a verse of Scripture you would do well to read and make note of:
1 Corinthians 10:12:  “Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall."
Take your own advice, Ms. Hunt, and treat others how the Lord would want them to be treated.
 
Dr. Debra Holman  MTh, ThD

No comments:

Post a Comment